When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Fun




Three little witches, their dad and I, started off our day of fun.  The girls were really excited this year for Halloween.  I made three capes out of black satin.  (A material I have sworn never to sew again!)  It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, even though I used the supposedly easy pattern from Mccalls.  I am just thankful that I have a nice sewing machine to get them done with.  It really was a job to put them all together.  I bought the girls witch hats and stripped tights.  They had the responsibility of coming up with the rest of their costumes.  They were so excited and each one is just a little bit different.  They were able to wear them to school and also wear them tonight, so we got a lot of use out of them.  We went to the church for trunk or treating.  Imagine, 300 people, 50 cars, hot dogs, chili, kids and darkness, and you have the idea.  Miracle decided that she was too big this year to go trick or treating, so she volunteered to sit in the trunk with her best friend Amy Maglich.  They both dressed up and passed out the candy to the younger (and even a few older) children.  Miracle, Mikayla and Amy also decorated the truck with a pumpkin that they carved themselves and the halloween door cover as well as other items of halloween fun.  After we went to the church, we drove over to Bison Ranch for the rest of the evening.  Bison ranch was done by the Chamber of Commerce and the businesses.  There were all kinds of candy and treats for the kids.  More hot dogs and more hot chocolate.  No one up in our area ever goes trick or treating door to door.   There are too many empty houses.  Since we had snow the other day, it is quite cold.  There was a beautiful full moon tonight.  We helped ourselves to the hot chocolate and went on a hay ride before the cold got to us and we all came home.  It is definately cold out there tonight.  We started a fire in the fireplace and now dad is making mexican hot chocolate (a family favorite) and we are going to watch a movie.  The candy is put away in a bowl and we are putting halloween behind us for another year.  The girls have decided that I am embarrassing to be with.  I keep singing "I'm a mean old witch with a hat!"  I love it when I can finally get to them!  It is my favorite part of the holiday!  We had a wonderful family day together.  Time truly flies when you really are having fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment