When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Primary Program

Today was the yearly primary program at church.  It was about the Proclamation on the Family.  In the program, Anya was asked to give a talk.  I tried to write it for her, and we started it, but she wanted to do it by herself, so it evolved into something else.  I wanted to include it here because it really touched my heart.  This is Anya's talk:
"On my sister Miracle's eighth birthday, we went to the church and watched her be baptised.  It was a really special day.  But the most specialest part was when our family went to the Mesa Temple after the baptism.  Me and my sisters went into the temple nursery.  We got to play games and eat snacks.  It was really quiet.  Then they helped us put on white dresses and white bows.  They took us into a room where mom and dad were kneeling.  We knelt next to them.  Mom said the spirit was there.  It made me feel really good.  Now my family is sealed.  I know that families can be together forever.  Heavenly Father loves us.  Amen".

What a special blessing it was to hear Anya tell, in her own words, about this wonderful day.  I am so happy that all of the little girls have this memory.  Even if their favorite part is the snacks!  :-)  They also remember the reverence and the feeling in the Temple.  We are so blessed with our very large and wonderful family.  They constantly amaze me with their desire to do right.
I know my Heavely Father lives.  He loves us, guides us and blesses us as we strive to do His will.  May we each strive to grow closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment