When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Miracle's Birthday


Today is my sweet Miracle's 13th birthday. It is hard for me to believe that time passes so quickly! Her Aunt Therese and cousin Cienna were here over night. They got stuck in the snow storm yesterday. We have several inches of new snow and it is so pretty. I am so grateful that they could stay here. It really made Miracle's day.
We were supposed to go to a movie today, but the roads were just too bad to take the chance. We rented a couple of movies and John made killer brownies. I bought a good book that came in the mail today and I gave it to Miracle to read first. She has been wrapping presents and having a pretty good day. It was so nice for her to be able to spend most of it with her cousin.
It has been a busy day for us.  I really wanted to make it special for her.  It is not everyday that you become a teenager!  Partway through dinner, my tempory crown fell out.  There is an amazing advantage to living in a small town.  You know everyone!  I called the dentist, Dr. Anderson, and he met me at his office.  I brought Miracle to be his assistant.  So, she got to help put in a new crown.  That has to be a birthday first!  (I am not sure that it is a birthday best though).  Miracle was really good about it.  It was an interesting day. 
I am so thankful for her in my life.  She has added so much and I can not even imagine this life without her.  It is so amazing to me  how each child adds to my experience and my love.  There is not a single one of them that I would want to miss.  I am so happy that they were able to be with me here in this life. 
Miracle is a sweet and loving girl.  She is gentle and kind and genuinely loves others.  She has tender feelings and can be very spiritual.  She has a wonderful testimony and is such a good example to all her family.  I am amazed at her ability to get along with others and her willingness to serve.  I need to be more like that in my own life. 
Here are a couple of pictures of the latest snowstorm in Overgaard.  It dumped lots of snow and made the countryside beautiful.  May each child of yours bring you as much joy and happiness as each of mine of brought to me.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for these special spirits who have been able to share this lifetime with me.   May you take the time tonight to turn out your room lights and look at the twinkling lights on your Christmas tree.  Than may you realize that you have more blessings in this life than that tree has lights.  Take the time to remember and acknowledge your blessings.  They are there!  I promise that you will be happier as you remember how much your Heavenly Father has blessed you with.



No comments:

Post a Comment