When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grandma's Wood


GRANDMA'S WOOD
by Patricia Pitterle

Grandma's wood
is stacked on the side porch in even rows
one on top of the other.
They are covered with a roof
and surrounded on three sides
by sturdy walls.
The heavy work of putting the logs in place
is often done during the heat of summer.
Grandmother often tells me
how preparation can prevent
many a hardship from becoming a disaster.
She relies upon the wood
for the warmth that it provides
against the bitter cold that will surely come.
When the wind whistles through the trees,
and the snow finally falls upon the mountain
the logs remain dry and protected
from even the fiercest weather,
and Grandma remains
safe and secure in her winter home.

I too,
try to make preparations
against the winters of trial
that will surely come upon me in this life.
The work is often difficult
and must be done when the spiritual strength of summer
is yet upon me.
I must gather the wood of faith
to meet the hardships.
Collect Hope in a brighter tomorrow,
and surround my heart with Charity toward my brothers and sisters.
I must shelter and protect myself,
with the strength of testimony
so that I can withstand
the buffetings and fierceness
of Satan's winds and storms.
When the preparations are complete,
I remain safe and secure
in the true knowledge and love
of my Savior,
Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment