When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Example





The Example
by Patricia Pitterle

I wasn't there
when He pulled the children
onto His lap
and blessed them.
When He fed the multitude
with a few loaves and fishes.
When He healed the sick, 
raised the dead,
or walked on the water.
I wasn't there 
when He calmed the raging sea,
healed the leper, 
and made the lame man walk.
Nor when He offered all He had
for them,
if they would just believe,
endure,
and follow Him.

But I am here now,
today,
and the things He did for them
stand as a testimony,
for He also did them
for me.
I see in His life
an example
of the way that I should live,
and the person that I should be.
He offered all He had to give
for them
and also for me.
If I will just believe,
endure my trials with faith,
and follow Him.

On of the things that I love most about the scriptures is the way those wonderful words apply to my life today.  When I have a problem, if I will take it to the Lord and read my scriptures, I will almost always find the answer that I am looking for.  It is amazing to me, how something written so long ago, is exactly what I need today to get me through my difficulties.  The scriptures are a comfort, a guide, and a strength to me as I struggle to become better each and every day.
I love the quote:  "We live in the present, we dream in the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past".
What have you learned lately???

1 comment:

  1. I've learned that I can't miss a day of scripture study. It makes a difference if I do and it makes a difference if I don't. Doing it is better.

    ReplyDelete