When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Cinderella's Slipper

One Shoe Can Change Your Life


I love all things fairy tale.  I love the happy endings and the happily ever afters.  I love how, though the heroine is surrounded by great trials and tribulations, nevertheless, she pulls through.  (Usually after some help from a Fairy God Mother, or Fairies or some other mythical creature).  To this day, Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales.
I love the fact that the entire world seems to be against her.  I love how she is good and kind to others, even when they are not good and kind to her.  I love how, when she is at her very worst moment, someone else steps in and saves the day. 

Child of the pure, unclouded brow 
And dreaming eyes of wonder!
Though time be fleet and I and thou
Are half a life asunder,
Thy loving smile will surely hail
The love-gift of a fairy tale.
                                            Lewis Carroll

Don't get me wrong, I know that fairy tales rarely seem to happen in our world, at least from the outside looking in, but how many times has Someone Else come to your rescue?  When you prayed because you were alone, or afraid, or lonely or disappointed.  Did Someone Else answer your prayers?  Did you learn to see things a little differently?  Did you find just the answer you needed in your scriptures?  Or maybe on a talk you were writing or a tape you were listening to?  Or, years later did you see the hand of Someone Else in your life and finally recognize that He is in charge of your happily ever after?  I know that I have.  I have prayed for many things in my life and come to discover that He usually knows what I really need.  All things are answered in His time.  It might be moments or even years later, but they are answered. 

"Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers".  Hans Christian Andersen

If one shoe can change a life, what small simple things can change ours?  What can we do a little better to be the fairytale in someone elses life.  I have come to discover that God uses willing hands to be the answers to prayer.  He uses willing hearts to lift another up out of depression and despair.  He uses us for His purposes, if we will only let Him, and not only does it bless the lives of others, but it blesses our own as well. 

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten".


And that is the lesson that I love the most!  C.S. Lewis once said: "Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again".


May you not only read them, but be in them as well and may you go forward and slay your dragons!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've been absorbed by reading a couple of Anita Stansfield books this week. The Dickinson Inn series. I've read book 4 and am almost finished with book 5 this week. Today as I was pondering how much I love book 5 the best in the whole series ... it made me think about why it has touched my heart the most.

    Today while working, I figured it out... Because it is like Cinderella. I was thinking how I should do a Cinderella post - because it is my favorite fairy tell, ever since I was a little girl.

    I come home and check out my new blog posts I follow and this was at the top... OK, I'm tingling now... Wow!

    Anita Stansfield uses the gospel to heal and change lives. Your post could not have expressed my thoughts any better. I am sure I will still do a Cinderella post soon... But, I will have to link this post to it. WOW!!

    Thanks for an uplifting message as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. since my children have been getting a little older we have been pouring over childrens books and I have loved getting back into fairytales too!

    ReplyDelete