When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Overcoming

Linking up today with Mama Kat's for the Writer's Workshop.  
Hope to see you there.



OVERCOMING
by Patricia A Pitterle

Trials in my life
Come and go
Like the waves
In the ocean;
Rushing up onto the beach
Of life
With a dash and a swirl
And large splash
Of dismay.
Then running back
Out to sea.
Leaving me gasping
For air;
Amazed
At the blessings
Of relief and solitude.
The ebb and flow,
A constant force
In my daily life.
Often so much
A part of it
That I cannot imagine
What life would be like
Without the continual
Pounding and crashing
Of  waves upon
My shore.
Yet, the storms fade
Into times past
And for a short while
The waves gently
Brush the sands
Of life,
And the sun
warms my mind
With remembering.

Life is often full of
Stormy weather.
And yet,
It is also full
Of the overcoming of it.

7 comments:

  1. Well done! You are quite the poet!! If I recall correctly, you did a poem last week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Mama Kat.

    Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have a talent for poetry! I am so glad you are willing to share you thoughts because I can relate and I am sure so many others can to. Amazing job again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this poem! Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem. I love the last part. Life is full of storms but it is also full of overcoming them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully done and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete