When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, June 20, 2011

You're not alone


For all of us, things go wrong sometimes.  The road gets foggy, rocky, and tough to walk.  I have learned that none of us are exempt from the trials and the problems of life.  I have also learned, that most of the time, you can't tell just by looking at someone, how difficult their life really is.  I have walked the path of despair.  I have endured the loneliness of  grief.  I have had my heart broken and my eyes opened.
But, along with all the difficulties, I have also found a very real testimony of the love of my Heavenly Father.  I have developed faith in spite of, or even because of, the tough times that I have been through.  I have come to know that He really is there.  He really does answer prayers.  He really does love each and every one of us.
As difficult as it was to be there, I know today that if I had to repeat it all over again, in order to get to this one place in my life, I would be willing to do that.
I have learned that my own vision is pretty focused on the here and now.  I don't see forward into the future and sometimes, I don't remember far enough into the past.  Because I don't see the bigger picture, I have to willing to wait for His time to find the answer.
One of my favorite songs for getting through the tough times is an old song by Michael McLean.  It is called "You're Not Alone".  Today, I want to share that message with you.  No matter what is going on in your life, you are not alone.  There is a kind, caring Heavenly Father who wants you to know that you really are loved.  He knows your needs, He knows your heart, He knows you.  He will bless you, in His time.  I have learned that the waiting and the trusting are the hardest things of all.    


Here's a little song to help you get along
It will see you through when you're feeling blue
And though it's not profound when you're feeling down
so down
sing this little tune and you'll feel better soon
You're not alone, even though right now you're on your own
You are loved in ways that can't be shown, your needs are known
You're not alone
And when you cry, you're just letting go a heartache deep inside
So tomorrow there'll be sunshine and sky and love close by
You're not alone.
Well I know that it's not easy, but I know that it won't last
Cause the one who loves you more than me
is sending blessings fast.
You're not alone....say it one more time, "I'm not alone"
And even when it's hard to find the words
Your prayers are always heard
You're not alone

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. It is a good reminder for those of us feeling so very much alone right now. May Our Father bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. Definitely needed it today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song just brought back memories for me. I can not hear/read it without hearing my aunt Judy and mom singing it like they did when I was a kid. What a beautiful song! And what a beautiful message!! I think it is so amazing and wonderful to know that no matter what we go through or how we feel, there is at least one person who has felt it - in Gethsemanie - knowing that what he is experiencing is what I experience; He understands us! It is so comforting to know we are understood, and never alone...

    Thanks. :)
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song! You always have so many good thoughts, thanks for sharing. And it is true, you just don't ever know. I've learned that over and over about people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your post today and the song is so comforting. I too know that Christ walks with us through our challenges and also in the joyful moments. You said it well.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that song. I remember the first time I heard it and how it touched me so much. And so do your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that song from so long ago--my freshman year at BYU. Always a good song to listen to!

    ReplyDelete