When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Motivational Monday - Go and Get Her


This has been a wonderful weekend.  It was the weekend of General Conference.  This time, I spent the needed time preparing to make the days a good experience for us all.  I have read so many blogs about having good food and making the day special, so we did.  We made brats for lunch on Saturday, along with chips and ice cream.  We all sat together and watched the conference and enjoyed our wonderful lunch.
John had gone into Snowflake on Friday and bought the meat from a meat packing company.  It was wonderful.  I went to the store before coming home and got the buns and chips, and we had a feast during the conference.  The girls loved it and sat through both sessions without complaint.  We were able to listen and then talk about the different things we learned during the talks.
On Sunday, we enjoyed a wonderful, special breakfast and also another special lunch.  We also had banana splits and peach pie.  (I am probably going to be in a sugar coma for a week!)
All in all, it was a wonderful and relaxing way to spend a weekend.  I thought I would share with you just a small part of one of my favorite talks.  It was given by Elaine s Dalton and it was addressed to Fathers.
She said that the most important thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.  She talked about the way to practice virtue and holiness by committing to eliminate any evil from your life.  She also said that if your daughter is dating, and she does not come home from her date on time, the father should Go And Get Her!  She talked about how the daughter might not like that, but that she would never doubt that her father loved her.
We had a wonderful family discussion about this principle and about how the girls don't have a prayer in the world of not having their father come to get them if they can't be home on time.  
That is one of the things that is most important to me.  I don't want my girls to ever doubt that they are loved and needed and wanted.  They mean too much to me!
It really was an amazing weekend.  I will be talking more about the talks over the next few months.  I am feeling uplifted from all the spiritual counsel that I received.  Sometimes, I think that I need a little bit of time to study and ponder the spiritual things.  It fills my heart and reminds me to be better.



As we draw near to the Lord, we will have “the courage to stand strong and firm in righteousness, to ‘stand … in holy places, and be not moved.’”
—President Thomas S. Monson

2 comments:

  1. I loved Sister Dalton's talk as well. One I will remember for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that talk too!!! We always have feasts on Conference weekend too. :) It was a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete