When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, November 18, 2011

Writer's Workshop - Seven Wonders



Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and come over to Mama Kat's to add your name to the link list.  Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!

The Prompts:

1.) List your life’s Seven Wonders. Describe the most amazing 7 things you’ve seen with your own two eyes.
2.) Your biggest parenting challenge and/or joy.
3.) Married? Tell us the story of how the question was popped.
4.) Your prom dress.
5.) Write a love letter to an inanimate object.

I am choosing to write about my life's seven wonders.  I have been privileged to see many things, to be part of many more.  There are some that have stood out and been the things that have filled my mind and my heart with wonder.



7)  The look in the eyes of a newborn baby the first time that they really look at their mother.  There is just something of indescribable wonder when you are witness to that moment.  I treasure in my heart the first time that nine sets of eyes look into mine.  I treasure just as much, seeing that look between my own children and their newborns.  It reminds me of what a gift each one is.

6)  The first time a child toddles across the floor into the waiting arms of a parent.  The joy, the amazement, the wonder of that delicious second when you realize that your baby is growing up.

5)  The wonder of the first day of school.  The pictures with the backpacks that are nearly bigger than those sweet children.  Those so small five-year-olds who step up the steps of the bus and wave out the windows with excitement.  The wonder of growing and learning and living all messed into one moment.

4)  The wonder of the special time when a child is baptized.  That sweet spirit all dressed in white and ready to make promises and covenants with a loving Heavenly Father.  A child that is old enough to think about and express what they believe, what they hope, and what they need.  The wonder of forgiveness captured in a moment of joy and washing.

3)  The wonder of teenagers in all their emotional upheavals.  The knowledge that this too shall pass and that you just might miss it.  The rare moments when she reaches for a hug or a whispered "I love you".  The gift of being part of their lives during the time of growing and needing and reaching and becoming.  The wonder of seeing what they can become.

2)  The wonder of a wedding day that is for a young man or young woman that you still think of as a child.  The amazement that someone else loves them as much as you do.  That someone else sees that glimpse of eternity in their eyes.  The love that sparks back and forth and draws you into that moment.  It reminds you of the moments in your own life.  The times past, and the times yet to come.  The wonder of love in all it's glory.

1)  The wonder of God's love for each of us.  The older I get, and the more my eyes see, the more I am amazed at the things that He has created for us.  I am reminded of His wonders everywhere I look.  I see Him in the first snowfall, in a newborn's cry, in the gentle sound of the rain on the roof, in the touch of a child's hand in mine.  In the midst of difficulties, I am still in awe of His love, each and every day.  I see the promise of eternity in His words.  I feel His spirit in the kindness of strangers and the love of friends.
Every. Single. Thing.  Testifies to me of His grace.
The greatest wonder of all is simply that He loves me.


Now it’s your turn!  What are you going to write about?

1 comment: