When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days of Hope - Day 24


Be Still, My Soul

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

This is one of my all time favorite hymns.  I love the second verse where it says, "Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake".  I am learning that hope is really up to me.  Be still my soul.  Be quiet and listen to His voice.  He is there if I will only listen for Him.  He is reaching out to me if I will only reach up and out to Him.  He has never left my side no matter what my sorrow.  And so today, I tell myself, "Be still, be still".  

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, too. I think faith is a choice as well, and that having faith that Jesus Christ made a good plan of happiness FOR EVERYONE - is a huge source of hope. We need to remember this and patiently endure when times are rough and we are sad. This life and all it's struggles WILL COME TO AN END. And if we endure well (make good choices even when it is most challenging to do so), we will be happy ever after (after this life!)...

    ReplyDelete