When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days of Hope - Day 8


One of the most interesting things that I am learning in my journey of hope is to just breath.  Stop, breath, and wait.  I think that I need to give hope a time a place to grow.  If I spend every moment in worry and depression, I don't take the time that hope needs to take root in my life.
I am learning that it is easy for me to see the problems and the worries instead of the kindness and goodness that still surrounds me.  My focus has too often been one of negativity, which discourages hope;  instead of one that looks to the positive and encourages hope in my daily routine.
Waiting and pondering is something that has really started to help me feel more hope.  I think that the more busy I am, the less I take the time to pause and look for things to feel hope in.  Yet, if I just take the time to stop and breath and look around me, I can always find a blessing that reminds me that hope is possible.
We learn in church that all things come line upon line and precept upon precept.  Here and little and there a little.  I am also learning that often, I need to learn the lessons again at different points in my struggles.  The things that were trials to me 30 years ago, are not the same trials I have today.  Each time I experience difficulty, I am learning to live with hope.
I am learning that inch by inch, foot by foot, yard by yard, and mile by mile, anything can be handled if we just worry about what needs to happen today.  I love the saying, "you can eat an elephant if you just eat it one bite at a time".
We can have hope in our ability to handle a single moment, a single bite, a single breath.  Hope is waiting for you to see it.  

"No matter how dark the moment, 
love and hope are always possible".   

George Chakiris

No comments:

Post a Comment