When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sometimes, it is just a bad day.


“Gossip, as usual, was one-third right and two-thirds wrong.” 
-L. M. Montgomery, Chronicles of Avonlea-


Yes, I broke my arm.  Two weeks ago, I slipped on the ice and fell on my elbow.  But today, I am finally back to work.  Imagine my surprise at the rumors going all around town.  Have you ever had anyone spread things that are totally false about you?  This has been my week.  Sometimes, you just have to put it all aside and take a moment to laugh! 
I am learning that there is very little I can control in this life.  But the one thing I can control is my own attitude.  I get to determine whether I fall apart, or whether I just move on.  I get to choose whether to let someone get to me, or whether I will let it go.  I get to decide to cry, or to simply and lovingly, laugh.
Things happen to all of us that we don't choose and can't control.  Part of living is learning how to appreciate the learning that happens in spite of (or maybe because of) our individual trials.
As hard as it is to ignore the spiteful words, that is what I need to do.  So today, I choose to be kind to others as well as myself.  I choose to laugh and pass it on.

“Isn't it kind of silly 
to think that tearing someone else down 
builds you up?” 
- Sean Covey, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens -

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you broke your arm! Hope it's feeling all better. Crazy that people would be spreading rumors about you. Some people have nothing better to do with their lives. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I had a similar experience and I decided to deal with it by seeking her out and loving her with kindness. It worked and we hugged. This hasn't always happened. I do know we have choice as to how we feel and how we handle it. I like our thoughts today.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete