When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Nest In My Hair


I found this one today and it struck a cord in my heart.  It has been a hard year.  The birds of sadness seem to have flown circles around me for a long time now.  It is so hard to feel betrayed and wronged.  But perhaps, at least part of it, is my own fault for dwelling on it.  For letting the birds nest in my hair.  For looking back instead of forward.
I have an amazing family.  They have been through this with me every step of the way.  They love me, cherish me, know me and strive to comfort me.  I can't help the fact that there are others around me who don't feel that way.  But I can choose to try and love them anyway.  I can choose to comb away the nest in my own hair.
Mother Therese said:  "I have found the paradox; that if you love until you hurt, there will be no more hurt, there will only be love".  
So that is the paradox that I am working on in my own life.  How to love through the hurt.  How to forgive through the pain.  How to go on when those around me want me to quit and give up.  But my Heavenly Father does no want me to quit.  And each of His children is valuable to Him.  So, I will learn to love those who do not want it.  I will do it because He wants it.  Today, I choose to brush the nest out of my hair and move on.

1 comment: