When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Rember I Am His

I Remember I Am His
by Patricia A Pitterle

I remember 
Scraped knees,
Skinned elbows,
And bruised Hearts.

I remember 
Laughter,
Tickle monsters,
And love.

The hard times
And the good times
Are twisted together
Into one cord of memory.

Intertwined
Into a rope
Of family strength
And unconditional love.

No matter what
Our past has been
We can start today
And make a new future.

And so, I also remember
His grace, His hope,
His mercy, His forgiveness
And His redeeming love.

I remember 
Answers to my prayers,
Comfort to my heart,
And peace in my soul. 

I remember
No matter the trial,
No matter the hurting,
He will heal my heart and soul.

There is no sin,
No hurt, no heartbreak
That the Savior 
Cannot make right.

Our pain and suffering
Are forever engraven
On the palms
Of His merciful hands.

Our sins
Are washed away
In the healing power
Of His sacred blood.

I pause and remember
That I am also His child.
He loves me and with His grace
He makes me whole.  


1 comment:

  1. {sigh}. Beautiful, Patty. Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing your gift, your heart, with us.

    ReplyDelete