When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Imagine

This is it!  My favorite time of the week to write, and to read.  So, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back over to Lisa Jo's and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:::

Imagine…


:GO
My imagination runs ahead of me at 90 miles an hour.  When I read, I become the character in the book.  I escape to new destinations, new places and new worlds.  When I watch a movie, for just a little while, I live there.  I have never been able to watch or read scarey things.  I remember them at the worst moments.  Usually at the times when I am alone and in the dark.  I still remember the only horror film that I ever watched.  I was five years old, but that old black and white movie still has the power to wake me up in all of the modern day living color.
I believe in imagination.  I believe in dreaming and wishing and magic.  I believe that Heavenly Father put us here in this place to learn and grow.  I think He wants us to dream big things in His glory.
I remember when my children were small and built bear caves out of sofa cushions and blankets.  It was in those places that they learned not to be afraid of the dark.  I remember when the back yard was turned into a carnival and when a cranky child could fly to great heights on the backyard swings.  I remember when we had impromptu concerts on the living room stage, with laughter and singing.  (It wasn't always on tune, but it was a great memory).  They had imaginary forts, tree houses and play houses that kept them busy for hours.  They learned to be anything they wanted inside their own minds.
I miss those colorful days of imagination, when a moment and a memory combined together to let us all be just a little more than we thought possible.  I miss those moments of laughter and dancing across the kitchen floor pretending we were famous dancers.
But in my own imagination, I see them still.  Covered in dirt and chocolate and wishes and dreams and love.  And I remember that it was all so very real.  
“Logic will get you from A to Z; 
imagination will get you everywhere.” 
~Albert Einstein~

STOP
Now it's your turn.  What can you write in just five minutes?  Don't forget to come back and join us with your very own five minute post!  We can't wait to hear from you today!  

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I love how you said " He wants dream big things for his glory" well, said and reminder for myself. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I loved watching my kids imaginate when they were little! I think those memories are special gifts for us mommas! Who else remembers them but a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this five minute post. It stirred up my own memories. I feel sad sometimes that children of today are only into the tech world; instead of the wonderful world of imagination.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete