When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Examples in Nature

"Nature is made to conspire with spirit to emancipate us".  
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spring is finally here.  My irises are waving their purple heads in delight.  I am walking every morning for about three miles and really enjoying the sights and sounds.  The birds are chirping all over and the squirrels are chattering in the trees.  Nature is refreshing, full of vision and the promise of things to come.  I love the warmer weather and all the animals that are taking part in the beautiful morning light. 
This past year has been hard for me.  I have gone through a stage of pretty severe depression.  I know it is something that comes off and on in my life, but I really wasn't prepared for it to knock me down like it did.  I found myself having difficulties just getting out of bed in the morning.  I made myself go to work.  I made myself participate.  But my heart wasn't in it.
Sometimes, we just have to put our feet on the floor, get dressed and keep going.  One step at a time, one moment at a time, one day at a time.  Eventually, we start to notice the things around us and to feel content.  I love the feeling of taking a deep breath in and letting it out.  Of letting go of the past and inhaling the future.  I love knowing that change can be good.
It is amazing to me how close to my Heavenly Father I feel when I take myself out into the world around me.  I love the escape of a rich spring day in the forest.  The beauty of the leaves on the trees and the flowers in the meadow.  I love the wind as it whispers in the branches and the sun as it warms my limbs.  I love learning that joy really will come.
Sometimes, the night seems long and dreary, but the morning light will come.  Time does pass, hearts mend, feelings change, happiness blossoms like the first flower of spring, and joy cometh in the morning.
Psalms 30:2, 5
2. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
5. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment