When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, June 6, 2013

Leaving a Mark


"It is very sad to me, that some people 
are so intent on leaving their mark 
upon the world, that they don't care 
if their mark is a scar."  
Joe Greene

I really like this quote.  It has been 11 years since the Rodeo-Chediski fire here in the White mountains.  In many places around my town, you can still see the burn areas.  The undergrowth is coming back, there are now small trees and bushes, but the scars from the fires remain.  
As sad as the fire is, to me it is even sadder that so many people try to make themselves look better at the expense of someone else.  There is so much gossiping, backbiting, and even sheer making things up so that you wear the white hat and someone else wears the black hat.  It seems to be nearly impossible in our culture for people to have different opinions.  I can't even begin to tell you how difficult it can be to deal with people who think their way is the only way, and they are always right.  
It is sad to me that the only way they are happy is when they are causing someone else pain.  I don't know how to deal with that, I don't know how to fix it for them, I don't know even what to do except to try and just let it go.  It is why I get tired of listening to politics, and trials and the news.  Everyone has their own opinions of what is right and wrong, and if you don't believe the same, than you are just, well, wrong.  
So, the next time I want to disagree with someone, if it is not a regulation or a law, than I am going to try and just listen, let them vent, and hope that they walk away happy afterwards.  After all, I get to choose if I want to have the scar or not.  I am going to choose to let it go, right out the door and down the street!  And maybe, we will both leave our marks just a little bit better, without the scar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment