When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, June 15, 2013

Light and Dark


"Every moment of light and dark 
is a miracle."  
Walt Disney

What a blessing to find that little gem of a quote for me this week.  It has been a very 'dark' feeling type of week.  I got sick, which I don't do often and it has made the weeker tougher than it needed to be.  But, if I think about this for a moment, I honestly don't get sick like this more than once every five years or so.  I am blessed with mostly good health.  Yes I deal with some things, yes they are hard, yes, every once in a while I complain about them, but overall, I am healthy and strong.  The hardest thing for me this week was to miss out on my daily walks.  I miss the companionship of other women who walk with me.  I miss talking to them and being with them.  I miss the time I spend every morning learning that I am really not alone. 
The light  in my life is the moments that I spend with friends and family.  The memories and the love that I take with me into my day.  The dark is the harder times.  I have learned that for every single dark moment in life, the Lord gives me light.  I receive a blessing that lightens the burden and helps to bear my grief. 
And with Alma, I want to cry,
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me".  Alma 36:27
Yes, yes, a thousand times, yes!  The light and dark are both miracles to me!

1 comment:

  1. I tell Jacob when we see the sun bursting through the clouds like that that it's just a tiny slice of heaven that couldn't contain itself and had to just burst through the clouds. Seeing pictures like this, and seeing it in person always gives me comfort.

    ReplyDelete