When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Remember To Dream


Don't be led by problems.  
Be led by your dreams.  

What does it mean to you to be led by your problems?  For me, it means that I am living my life through reacting to what is happening around me.  I am not living through planning or deciding.  Instead, I am tossed around in the wind, to and for, and thrown up into the air with no notion of what will happen to me.  
My focus becomes on that is set on fixing things instead of living with them.  I am seeking to get through live instead of finding joy in my journey.  My problems become the journey and my dreams are lost in all the chaos.
I don't like chaos.  This past year has shown me how hard it can be to be led (and even consumed) by my problems.  I seem to have difficulties in putting the moment aside and finding faith toward the future.  I find it impossible to even remember my dreams, let alone seeking to be led by them.  My point is that we all can become consumed by whatever is going on in our lives.  It is easy to think these days will never end.  That we will never solve the problem that is surrounding us today.
I am learning that I need to still focus on the things that remind me what is most important in my life.  I still need family time, me time, and simple entertainment.  I still need to get my work done and do a good job.  I still need to move forward one single step at a time.  One of the most important things that I have learned is that when I can't see the possibilities of the future through the clouds of today, I can still have smaller and easily fulfilled dreams.  Instead of making my dreams a year or more out, I make them for tomorrow or next week.
By focusing on little steps, I learn to let my problems go.  I learn that I can trust my Heavenly Father for just this moment, or today or tomorrow or even into next month.  I start to learn that He does help me and that He does care.  By small things, great things will come to pass.  This includes your hopes, your wants and your dreams.  We just need to let go of the problems in our life and give them to Him.
Alma 37:6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

1 comment:

  1. Great post and scripture. I'm following you from MMB Contributors. Happy to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete