When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, August 15, 2013

Judgement - Looking For The Good


"Do not judge, and you will never be mistaken."

This is such a hard one for so many people.  It is so easy to look at the decisions someone is making in their lives and judge them on the basis that we "know" we could do better.  I wish I could share some of the amazing people that I have met.  I have seen people face some of the worst trials imaginable with dignity, and faith and trust.  I no longer feel the need to judge in my own life.  I have seen those who deal with their trials so much better than I ever could.   I have seen people face things I hope I never have to face in my own life.  Often, through no fault of their own.
I have learned that we all need forgiveness.  We all need the touch of the Master's Hand.  I have learned that, no matter what I think I might know, it is impossible for me to understand the whole story.  I can't see into the heart, I can't know the trials faced before.  I don't have all the answers.  Therefore, it is not my place to judge.  I am so grateful for that.  
It is my place to love, and accept, and try to understand.  It is my place to be a friend and a neighbor and a sister.  It is my place to encourage and help and be kind.  As I struggle to become more like my Savior, I find that my ability to love increases.  I find myself caring for those whom I might have judged not that long ago.  I find myself able to forgive and just let go.  And for now, that is enough. 

“How would your life be different if…
You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions 
about people you encounter? 
Let today be the day…
You look for the good in everyone you meet 
and respect their journey.”
~Steve Maraboli~

1 comment:

  1. Judgements are harsh and can be so negative. The root of most judgements is some type of miscommunication or misunderstanding. I find myself at a point in my life where instead of judging, if I just can't seem to get along with a person, I treat them as a neighbor. We don't have to be best friends with everybody, but we are required to be kind even to those who may get under our skin :)

    ReplyDelete