When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Strengthen Our Faith


"We live in a time of turmoil.  Earthquakes and tsunamis wreak devastation, governments collapse, economic stresses are severe, the family is under attack, and divorce rates are rising.  We have great cause for concern.  But we do not need to let our fears displace our faith.  We can combat those fears by strengthening our faith".  Russell M. Nelson

We live in a time of turmoil.  That one rings home for me.  In my life, I have seen so many changes.  I grew up the daughter of divorced parents.  It was very rare then and I put up with a lot from the other kids who had two parents in their lives.  I have seen prejudice and tolerance.  I have seen hate and love.  I have seen some of the best and some of the worst in my life.  Everywhere I turn, things are happening that are hard to watch.  There are changes everywhere and some are good, but a great deal of them are bad.  There are a lot of negative consequences to the lifestyle that is all around us.  I have not lived a perfect life, as a matter of fact, I have made way too many mistakes.  I have made bad decisions as well as good ones.  I have looked around at what is happening and been afraid.  Afraid for myself, afraid for my children, afraid for those I love and care about.  I have felt helpless with the fear.  What a blessing it is to know that I have the power to combat my fears as I strengthen my faith.   I am learning that the closer I feel to my Heavenly Father, the more I am able to accept that He knows my needs.  The more I know that He will help me through the difficulties.  My fear is lessened as I learn to place my trust in Him.     

No comments:

Post a Comment