When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We are Sons and Daughters of God


"Throughout our lives, whether in times of darkness, challenge, sorrow, or sin, we may feel the Holy Ghost reminding us that we are truly sons and daughters of a caring Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we may hunger for the sacred blessings that only He can provide."
~Robert D. Hales, "Coming to Ourselves: The Sacrament, the Temple, and Sacrifice in Service"

Sometimes, I struggle to remember where I came from.  I can't remember anything before I came here.  As a matter of fact, I can't remember much of my childhood once I was here.  I wish I had memories of before.  It would be so much easier to know rather than to forget and to need to have faith.  I might not remember those times in my life before, but the spirit has whispered to me that, like Jeremiah, I lived before I came here.
Jeremiah 1:5  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
I know that He created me and that He knows who I am.  I know that He knows my name and my needs.  I am truly His daughter.  I have learned to turn toward Him in my life and to trust that He will bless me and sustain me in all things.  Sometimes, for a short time, I forget who I am, and the Holy Ghost gently whispers reminders to my heart through the scriptures that I read.  I sense His presence in the world all around me and I know His love through the blessings that I receive each and every day.  
There are many struggles and trials in life.  We are here to learn and grow after all.  But this I know. . He Lives, He loves me, He will answer my prayers.  
And right now, that is enough.  

No comments:

Post a Comment