When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, March 14, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Crowd

Got five minutes? Come and write with us; it’s the best kind of free therapy.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back over at Lisa Jo's place and invite others to join in. 
3. And don’t forget to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: 

CROWD

GO:

“I don't even remember the season. I just remember walking between them 
and feeling for the first time that I belonged somewhere.”  
Stepen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Life seems so hard when I was young.  It was hard to make friends, it was harder still to keep them.  I never felt like I belonged anywhere.  I always seemed to be on the outside looking in and wanting, desperately wanting, to be a part of the crowd.  
I grew up and I had children.  One right after the other.  Sleeping, squirming, kicking, talking, screaming, laughing, running, no time for anyone else children.  I remember them coming into my bed at night to cuddle and talk and giggle and tell me about their day.  I remember squishy hugs and sticky kisses all covered with love.  I remember feeling and knowing that I was right where i was supposed to be.  That this crowd, my family, was my place of belonging.  
A spot that nestled right in my heart, growing bigger with each and every child.  Satisfying my every dream, my every want, my every wish.  Being crowded is all I have ever needed.
Walking through them all, I know that I belong somewhere.  Right here, with them.  I have finally found my crowd.

STOP

Now it is your turn.  What can you write in your own five minutes?  Don't forget to join the rest of us over at Lisa Jo's!  


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! As someone who grew up the baby of a large (Five kids) family-- I have lived and breathed and loved the loud and the crowd!!!
    Hopping over from FMF-- thanks for sharing your life and your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crowd picture and I can relate to your thoughts.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no better crowd to be in the middle of!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. This is so sweet! What a nice picture it paint and I can't think of a better crowd than family. You are very blessed indeed! Coming from a very small family , I have often wondered what it would be like to have many siblings. Thanks for sharing this story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this. You have no idea how your words are a healing balm for me today.

    ReplyDelete