When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Piece of Cake


As I've grown older I've learned: 
that pleasing everyone is impossible, 
but making them mad is a piece of cake!



I have a knack for doing things to annoy others. I suppose that is something that we can all say to one degree or another. I always wanted everyone to be happy, to like me, to want to be around me. I suppose that you could say that I wanted to be "popular". I have learned as I have gotten older, that it is not my job to make others happy. It is not my job to be popular. I am however, supposed to be the best that I am capable of being.  One of my favorite scriptures can be found in John, in the New Testament:
John 16:22   And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
 I take this as a promise from the Lord, that although we have sorrow here upon the earth, there will come a day when we will rejoice, when we will have joy.  We all, each of us, go through times of sorrow.  We cannot escape them.  Those times will mold us and shape us and help us to appreciate all the blessings that we are really given.  I find that those times help me to keep everything in the proper perspective.
None of us want sorrow or pain.  Most of us don't like change.  Many times we only see the here and now and not the bigger picture that is our life.  But, if I am honest with myself, I know that those trials are just as important in my development as are the joys.  I just don't like them as much!  So today, I am going to be grateful for the silly, happy, crazy times.  I am going to be grateful for the love of family and the shelter of home.  I am join to be grateful that I can't please everyone, because I know that I really can please Him.
And in that joy, my heart is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment