When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, May 26, 2014

Insignificant


Never think
That what you have to offer
is insignificant.
There will always be
Someone out there
that needs
what you have to give.

Sometimes, it is hard to be a mom.  At least, I have found it so.  Our society today, wants to know what we are, who we are, who we have become.  We get our pride from our accomplishments in life.  We get our sense of self.  Mostly, those accomplishments are based on what the world thinks are good, and bright, and smart and beautiful.  They are not based on what we find within ourselves.  
For a very long time, I thought that motherhood was somehow not living up to my potential.  I always wanted to be a doctor.  I always wanted to help others.  Instead, I married and helped my husband.  I had many children, I worked at pretty mundane jobs.  I have struggled to find the good in myself.  To realize that I am not insignificant to the world.  
I have learned that motherhood is my most important calling on earth.  I have had the experience of touching the souls of God's children.  Of loving them through their trials. Of teaching them that He loves them.  I have learned, that of all my tasks, this one lasts the longest and means the most.  My heart is full as I watch my grandchildren come into this world one at a time.  It is even more full as I watch my children step up and become amazing mothers and fathers.  
I have learned that there are those in life who need exactly what I have to give.  I have never been insignificant.  

“MOTHERS ARE ENDOWED WITH A LOVE THAT IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER LOVE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.”  Marjorie Pay Hinckley 
You are a child of God who He entrusted to your mother’s care, her hands substituted for God’s as she bandaged a skinned knee or wiped away your tears. Her words of love and wisdom guided you through rough patches, instilling in you the confidence to succeed. The things she taught you became the lessons you now teach to your own children. 
Being a mother is so much more than a biological process. It’s a heavenly job created by God before this life. In heaven, all of us who live now and all who have ever lived on earth lived with God as His spirit sons and daughters. God has a plan that allows all of us to come to earth, acquire physical bodies, and grow through life’s experiences, eventually returning to Him again after we die.
And I leave with you one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon.  This is from the story of the 2000 stripling warriors who were taught by their mothers. No matter how much we might think that what we say does not matter, it does. Our children will remember us.  We will never be insignificant.   
Alma 57:21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

No comments:

Post a Comment