When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Scribblings - Forgiveness


Forgiveness is not always easy.
At times, it feels more painful
than the wound we suffered,
to forgive the one who inflicted it.
And yet,
there is no peace without forgiveness.
Marianne Williamson

The picture above was of one of my daughters who discovered at the aquarium where we were visiting, that when you put your hands in this fish tank, the fish immediately swim to your fingers and start lightly nibbling.  She loved it once she worked her courage up to try, but no matter how much she told the other girls that it did not hurt, not a single one was willing to put their hand in there for the fishes to taste.  
In this case, there was no wound for her, except for the unbelief of those around her. The peace comes in doing our own individual best, not in convincing anyone else that they need to be just like us.  She had her own amazing experience because she wasn't afraid.  One of my all time favorite scriptures reminds me to trust the Savior in all my fears.  I love this one.  

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30).

No comments:

Post a Comment