When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Looking Sideways



I found this great quote on Pinterest.  I think it is now one of my newest favorites.  It is so easy to look sideways at everything.  It is easy to compare ourselves at our "worst", to everyone else at their Sunday Best.  It is so easy to get caught up in the world.  It is easy to look at beauty and not imagine ever being there.  It is easy for me to see my chubbiest and my grey hair and my wrinkles and not ever see the good qualities that I have taken a lifetime to develop.  
I just need to put on blinders and not worry about what sideways is telling me.  If I look up, the only words are hear are filled with love.  I know that I am a daughter of God.  Love your neighbor as yourself.  Fear not.  You are my sheep.  
There is nothing the the words of God that is designed to make me feel like I am worthless.  Instead, there is so much in the scriptures that reminds me of those things that matter most in my life.  There are so many words that remind me that I am loved.  That I am valued.  That I am His.
So, my challenge to all of us, no matter what we might think of ourselves, is to simple look up.  Stop looking sideways and keep your focus on the One who matters most of all.  
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf has taught, “Disciples of Jesus Christ understand that compared to eternity, our existence in this mortal sphere is only ‘a small moment’ in space and time (D&C 121:7). They know that a person’s true value has little to do with what the world holds in high esteem. … The Lord uses a scale very different from the world’s to weigh the worth of a soul” (“You Matter to Him,” Ensign, Nov. 2011, 20, 22).

1 comment:

  1. A very encouraging post and I loved the quote!
    Blessings for this one~

    ReplyDelete