When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, October 13, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 13 - Work

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.

I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


You are what you do;
Not what you say you will do.

START

Our community has a yearly day of service.  All the churches work together, all the people sign up for jobs and we get things done.  I love this day.  It is a day when differences are put aside and people just learn that they are really the same at heart.  
Usually, I am part of the road crew.  Everyone gets a vest, and a garbage bag.  We have a mile area that our group is responsible for.  With so many people working together, the entire area all the way through town gets done.  
This year, I was asked to be in charge of making cards for the military.  My husband was asked to help with the food (how does he do that???).  I have a lot of crafts at home and I bought more for the event.  Everyone had a great time making cards and writing in them for those in our town that are serving, that have served, or family members that are currently serving.  
The young women liked it so much that they want to do it later in the year as a project.  I think that is a great idea.  
After our service projects, we all met at the park for a lunch of hot dogs, chips, drinks and brownies.  I am sure that is most of the communities favorite part.  Nothing costs anyone anything.  It is a day of service to make our town look better and to bring people together.  
They have already asked me to do the cards again next year.  
What a wonderful way to come together and to get to know those of other faiths.  It is an amazing way to strengthen our community and learn what it means to be a neighbor.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! Earlier this year, our stake did a day off service, which was such a wonderful experience. Reading your post, I only wish we would have included the community--both other churches and the neighborhood--in our day. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Stake Service Day!!! I can't believe I haven't posted about that!!! It is SO AMAZING how many people we can help in one day! Miracles happen that day. MIRACLES! Maybe I will do a post about our stake service day. ~ Anyhow... I love what you are doing with the 5 minute posts about becoming more like Him!!!! way to be! D:

    ReplyDelete