When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 15 - Life

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.

I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


Because, when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing!

START

Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering that life is for living.  It is for growing, climbing, becoming, experiencing and even for making mistakes. Heavenly Father never expected us to get everything right the first time, although we sometimes expect it of ourselves.  
One of the most important things I have learned about life is that it is the experience that counts the most.  It is trying over and over and getting up in between all the falling down.  It is becoming just a little better today than you were yesterday.  
As I seek to become more like Him, I find that I still make mistakes.  Just deciding to change, doesn't mean that I change all at once.  I still struggle to read my scriptures every day, I still sometimes forget to pray, I don't always like people who are mean to me or my children, and no matter how hard I try, I am not perfect.  
I am learning that life is pretty amazing in spite of myself.  I am learning that life is filled with ups and downs and back and forth's and a merry-go-round of emotion and trials and endings and beginnings.  It is sometimes easy to get stuck into the moments when we wish things would just change for the better.
I am also learning that getting stuck, is sometimes the thing I needed most of all. It reminds me to keep going.  It helps me to see the possibilities.  
When you think about it, that is one of the greatest things about life, the hope that our tomorrows will be even better than our today's.  The hope that change is good.  The hope that His tender mercies will be enough for even our worst sins. His hope for my life is simply that I will follow Him.  

STOP


No comments:

Post a Comment