When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 21 - Second

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.

I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


Sometimes, we don't realize our own strength,
until we come face to face
with our greatest weakness.

Today the prompt is:  SECOND

START

What a beautiful weekend we had.  We were able to go down to Phoenix and tour the open house for the new Phoenix Temple.  It was a beautiful opportunity to share with others the strength and love of our beliefs.  
As I traveled, I thought about what I wanted to share for today and I was so excited when I realized the prompt was second.  
You see, I believe in a Heavenly Father who gives second chances.  One who knows that we would not possibly be able to accomplish perfection, and so He provided a way where we could return to Him.  He gave us His Son.  
He not only gives us second chances, but sometimes thirds, fourths or even fiftieth.  He gives us what we need until we finally get it right and move on to the next.  He is there to guide us.  He will lift us up and help us to move on, if we will only come to Him.  
In His house, there is always room for second chances.  There is room for prodigal sons and daughters.  There is room for you and me.  In His house, there is love, forgiveness, compassion and mercy.  Every single one of us are imperfect and flawed.  He knows that, yet He loves us in spite of our worst selves.  He wants us anyway.  
In my quest to become like Him, I am trying to forgive others who have wronged me.  I figure that I He gives second chances, who am I to deny someone else that blessing.

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment