When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, October 25, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 25 - Enjoy

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.

I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS, 
BECAUSE ONE DAY 
YOU WILL WAKE UP AND REALIZE 
THAT THERE WERE NO LITTLE THINGS.

START

One of the things that I am trying to do more of in my search to become like Him, is to enjoy the little things around me.  To make room for them.  To give them a place in my life.  I think that I am not much fun.  It is hard for me to "take time out and smell the roses" as my husband says.
I believe that Heavenly Father made this beautiful world that we live in, for us to enjoy.  For us to take time out to breath and to foster relationships and to even have a little bit of fun.  Why else did He make such amazing places?
Today was a beautiful day.  We wanted to spend a little bit of family time together and one of my older sons and his wife were coming up for the day.  We met them at the lake with our kayaks and our dogs.  They met us with their dogs and we had a great day.  I have a boot on my foot because it is broken, so I was the dog sitter with three yorkies and one mastiff at the side of the lake.
As you can see, the family is having a great time.  I did too.  It was so nice to sit and enjoy the peace and the beauty in the world that we live in.



I really think one of the things that brings me so much closer to Him is to acknowledge His hand in the world around me.  I love seeing the many creations that surround us.  I really enjoyed my day at the lake with my family playing on the waters.
Enjoying our blessings makes them so much more valuable to us.  It give us a chance to regroup and recharge and show our gratitude.

STOP

2 comments:

  1. I do use the mantra often; "Enjoy The Moments of This Beautiful Life".
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good for me to read today. Thank you for these wonderful reminders to enjoy the little things!!! :)

    ReplyDelete