When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Becoming Like Him - Day 7 - Go

For my 31 days of writing, I am linking up over at Heading Home and over at the Nester. There are several of us that are taking the 31 day writing challenge. Kate has suggested that we spend 31 days of Five minute writing. You can use the prompts or write about anything you would like, you just need to write.
I am sharing my journey for 31 days as I strive to become more like Him. My prayer is that you can find hope and peace in my words.


Maybe you have to
Let go of who you were,
To become
Who you will be.


START

One of my favorite Scriptures is found in 1Nephi 3:7
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
I will go and do.  It does not say that he had to think about it first.  It does not say that he had to see what his friends were doing.  It simply says that "I will go and do".  I think those words are amazing.  
We can't let go of anything in our past if we don't go and do something different.  We have all sinned. We have all made mistakes.  We all have excuses from time to time, but if we don't go and do something else, we will just keep going in the same circle over and over.  
Letting go of the person that I used to be has been hard for me.  It has taken all my life to get to this one point.  I still don't always do things right.  I make mistakes every single day and need to ask for forgiveness.  My past was often hard, but it was familiar to me, and I find myself identifying my strengths by the things I have overcome.  Sometimes, I find myself excusing my decisions because of the past that I have had to live through.
Really, I am learning that I need to let go of the past instead of dragging the weight around like a burden to continue bearing.  I need to let go of the bad habits I learned, the bad examples I saw, the names I was called and everything else that happened.  
The atonement was for me, not just my sins.  Christ suffered for my infirmities as well as my weaknesses and my pains and my sorrows.  He truly knows exactly how I felt.  He was bullied, beaten, and spit upon too.  
When I remember the things that He had to endure, I am so very grateful for His mercy in my life.  His example reminds me to continually, "Go and Do". 

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment