When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gratitude in my Flaws


I have too many flaws 
to be perfect,
but I have too many blessings 
to be ungrateful.

Yes, I really needed this thought today.   I think it is good to remind ourselves that even if we are not perfect, we all have blessings.  A long time ago, I had a councilor who told me that "There was only ever one perfect person in the world, and you are not Him!"  Those words were eye opening today.  I tend to stress about most things.  I try and choose what is right, but continue to make mistakes.  Where most people might grade themselves on an A - F scale, I grade myself on a pass / fail scale with passing as perfect and anything else as total fail.  
In stead of judging all my faults, I try and remember my blessings.   I have to remind myself when things are difficult, but it really is okay to not be perfect.  It really is okay not to make straight A's in every aspect of my life.  In spite of all my many imperfections, I have too many blessings to be ungrateful to God.  
This month, as we try and observe Thanksgiving, I want to remember and be thankful that I am flawed, and that is totally fine.  I believe that Heavenly Father does not expect me to be perfect just yet.  I think that He loved me and He knows me exactly as I am.  I believe that He knows me by my name and accepts me in spite of myself.
May we each find gratitude for our flaws.  May we learn to love ourselves in spite of them.  We are all imperfect, but He loves us anyway.  He blesses us even in our imperfection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment