When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, February 20, 2016

Small Town Life



The nice part about living in a small town,
it that when you don't know what you are doing,
someone else always does.
 
This is so very true.  There seems to never be enough going on in a small town to stem the tide of gossip and innuendos.  It surrounds me on a daily, and even hourly basis.  However, I have to admit that most of the time, I don't mind the small town life.  
We moved here ten years ago from the large valley metro area.  It was a shocking change for all of us.  I had girls who were never allowed out of the back yard and then we moved to the wide open spaces of Northern Arizona.  We now have chickens and goats and dogs.  We have finally put a fence up on our property.  We garden and can and pretty much do as much as possible that is natural.  I have even learned to like Goat milk and that was a little interesting at first.  I milk her too.  All three of our goats have been bred this year and we should have baby goats in June.  I am not a fan of winter babies.  Summer is soooo much better for me!  
One thing I have learned about small town living is that there is always so very much to do!  So much so, that it is easy to get lost in the doing and be overly critical of all that doesn't get done.  I dwell way too much on the should haves, could haves, and would haves.  I need to remember to just stop and take a breath.  I need to quit worrying about the little things and focus on the ones that matter most. 
So, today, I want to share with you one of my favorite quotes to help remind you that you are enough just the way you are.
 
     "Sometimes, my dear sisters, you feel inadequate and ineffective because you can't do all that you feel you should.  Rather than continually dwelling on what still needs to be done, pause occasionally and reflect on all that you do and have done.  It is most significant. 
The good you have done, the kind words you have spoken, the love you have shown to others, can never be fully measured."  Thomas S. Monson
  

No comments:

Post a Comment