When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, March 28, 2016

A Single Phrase of Testimony


A long time ago, I heard a very dear friend bear testimony of Heavenly Father's love for me.  It was during a time in my life when I felt totally unlovable.  He reminded me that Heavenly Father knew me.  He knew my difficulties, He knew my trials, He knew my heartaches and He knew my joys.  He knew all the things that I needed, but He also knew when to give me the blessings that I so desperately wanted. 
Hearing that testimony and then later seeing the promises come true, has taught me so much of God's great love for His children.  You see, I really do know that He is aware of us.  I know that He knows exactly who I am.  I know that He knows my name.  That one beautiful testimony, changed my life.  It taught me to have trust in God's timing.  It taught me that He keeps His promises. 
Often, when I want something, I want it right this moment.  I don't want to wait.  I think that I know what I need.  But some of the greatest blessings of my life have actually been the prayers that aren't answered. 
My friend quoted:  "The goal is not to win the race, but to run it in honor and dignity, in testimony and worthiness". 
I learned that we don't have to win the race.  It is not a competition between you and me.  Rather it is a trial between my best self and my worst self.  It is only through the grace and mercy of God that any of us can possibly make it back to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment