When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, March 17, 2016

CRACKS

 
THE CRACKS IN OUR
"PERFECT" FACADES
ARE ACTUALLY MORE LIKE WINDOWS WHERE PEOPLE CAN MOST
CLEARLY SEE JESUS.
 
I am still learning this one.  For most of my life, I have felt like a failure.  The problem with that is that I haven't been too happy about admitting the times when I am even more wrong.  As I learn that my imperfections are simply a part of who I am, it becomes easier to admit my mistakes.  Especially when I am reminded that my mistakes can help others to feel better about themselves and closer to Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.  I know that I am not perfect.  I am not sure who I was trying to fool all this time.  I think that I judge myself so harshly, that even the tiniest of mistakes feels like a really big sin.  It makes it harder for me to love myself, and therefore harder for me to acknowledge God's love for me.  As I am studying the atonement, I am learning that Christ already suffered for all of the sins I would commit.  He suffered for my hurt and my heartache.  He understood how very imperfect I am and how very much I would need His loving sacrifice.  The more I allow the façade around me to crack, the more I let in the light of Christ and realize His amazing love, not only for me, but for each one of us.  
As I accept that love, I realize that none of us are anywhere close to perfect, and that is OK.  We can each start right here and right now and become who He needs us to be; cracks and all.  We get to choose to let His light in and let it shine right through those cracks into the hearts and minds of all those around us.  We get to share His mercy and His grace as we bask in the arms of His love.      

No comments:

Post a Comment