When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, March 25, 2016

Follow the Savior Today


I have many regrets in my life.  I have to admit though, I don't have a single regret from the times in my life when I have followed the Savior's teachings.  I might not be able to do all things perfectly, but when I do the best I can, even I am able to recognize it.  I have done things I am ashamed of.  I have made so many mistakes.  I have sinned, accidently and even on purpose; all those things, I regret.  So many battles I fought against myself.  Far too often, I did not take the higher road or the better path. 
As I have grown older, I have noticed that the times of my life when I did not follow the Savior are some of the hardest lessons that I have ever had to learn.  I have also been blessed to have those lessons stick with me throughout my life.  I regret every moment I wasted not bringing myself closer to Him. 
I can testify that things go better and we have many less regrets when we choose to follow the Savior in our lives.  There is never a need to regret kindness, love, compassion, understanding, believing, helping, and gratitude.  There is never a need to regret feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, caring for the sick and supporting those around us.  There is never a need to regret unselfishness or meekness or mercy.  There is never a need to regret forgiveness.  There is no regretting Christ-like behavior in any of it's forms. 
In my life, I am learning to seek Him in those around me.  I know that we are made in His image.  And even if I can't see Christ in someone, I know He could be there.  If only I try a little harder to see.  I know that He loves each of us, and the reason that He said, "Come follow me", is because that would lead us to happiness.  He never promised that there wouldn't be trials to face.  He only promised that it would be worth it, and that we would have no regrets from following Him. 
I can't possibly say it any better than Joshua did:

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." 
Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment