When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, March 24, 2016

Just Because We Cannot See


We live in a world where seeing, is believing.  A world that would have us cast aside those things we cannot see, understand or explain.  However, I have learned that just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. 
The sun sets every night and rises in the morning.  It isn't visible to the naked eye in the darkness.  The storms will come.  The wind will blow.  The raccoons will eat my chickens!  Just because I don't see it right now, doesn't mean it is not going to happen.  So many people are so caught up in needing proof.  They need physical evidence to understand and believe. 
However, there are so many things around us that bear testimony of Him.  So many things to see and hear and recognize.  Just because you can't explain it, doesn't mean it isn't so.  I believe that when science is proven, it too will speak of God and all the creations that He has made.  I believe in choosing the best things for me. 
I can't see love either, but I know it is there.  My husband is amazing to me.  He is willing to work through things with me that are hard to deal with.  He can't see those things, but he can totally see the results in my own attitude and willingness to change.  You can't see a voice either, but you can hear the meaning in the words.  Ask any mother and she can tell you when her children are happy or unhappy, just by the tone of their voice when they speak. 
I can tell my daughter hates to do dishes, by the way she stomps her feet.  I don't have to see them.  I can feel the vibrations all the way to my room.  God speaks to our hearts.  He touches our minds.  He allows us to see through the spirit.  I Feel when something is right. 
I don't have to see in this world, I know that there will be other times and places in which to ask my questions and receive the answers.  It doesn't have to be right this moment.  I know that everything will be explained and we will finally understand the wonder and grace that are such a part of this wonderful earth upon which we live. 
I can't always see the why's, but I can see the consequences of the why not's.  I can see the difference that kindness makes in the life of a struggling child.  I can see His love in the actions of others.  I can receive answers to prayer in the words of his teachings.  I can find His gifts all around me.  I just need to open my heart and really see. 

Elder Charles W. Penrose said: “Some people will not believe anything they cannot grasp with their human reason or cannot see with their natural eyes. But blessed is the man of faith, blessed is the woman of faith! For by faith they can see into things that cannot be discerned by the natural eyes. They can reach out to the regions of immortality, grasp eternal realities and lay hold upon the things of God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment