When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, March 11, 2016

Nothing Will Change His Love


I love this quote.  Sometimes, I need to be reminded, just a little bit,  that I am lovable and loved exactly as I am.  This life is messy!  There are days when I feel completely alone.  There are moments when I relive my choices and my insecurities.  I dwell too much on the "has been" and not enough on the now.  My mind focuses on all the mistakes and the sin and the wrong choices and forgets that He already knows those things and loves me right through them. 
It helps a little to remember how much I love my own children.  No matter what has happened to them, no matter what mistakes or trials they face, I love them completely and absolutely.  In my own chaos, my love is unending.  I am not perfect, yet I love them completely.  If I, imperfect as I am, can love them so much, how much more is He, who is perfect in all things, able to love me?
As a family, we have been through some hard things.  We are still going through them, and I know they will continue to happen throughout our lifetimes.  Hopefully not quite so many at once though!
Life is full of trials.  I struggle not to get so lost in the effort of living that I forget the love that surrounds me.  I know He lives.  I know He loves me.  I know, no matter how inadequate I feel, that He still loves me.  I know He is reaching for each of us and that He does not turn away.  His hands are outstretched to help us in our aching.  We turn from Him in our own unworthiness and anguish.  We turn away because we are grasping at other things that seem to make sense right now.  We turn away because things aren't explained to us right this moment.  We turn away in doubt because we cannot see His love.  It is not tangible enough for us in our seeking.
For this moment, I am going to focus on His love.  I am going to just be content in the here and now.  I am going to let go of the questions and the needing and fill my heart with His grace. 

1 comment: