When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, May 6, 2016

Conflict



WHERE THERE'S CONFLICT THERE'S AN
OPPORTUNITY
AN OPPORTUNITY TO PRACTICE
BEING LIKE JESUS. 

Conflict is not my friend.  At least, it hasn't been for the past several years.  Perhaps, just perhaps, I have been looking at it the wrong way.  For me, conflict has been the bringer of anxiety, worry and stress.  I haven't been able to look past that to see that an opportunity might exist anywhere.  My problem is that I can't escape the anxiety of life.  It overwhelms me.  It bites into me and won't let go.  I don't just worry about the things I can help, I worry about everything.  I stress about having a job, how my children are doing, how my grandchildren are doing, and why people are the way they are. 
So, this year, I am trying to look at conflict differently.  I am trying to look at is as a chance to change.  I need to change.  I need to learn.  I need to put this behind me and lose it.  I need to embrace conflict in order to actually let it go. 
I am going to look at this as the opportunity I need to become more like Him.  This is my chance to practice.  I can do it.  I can embrace the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment