When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, May 2, 2016

I Am A Light


We forget this simple truth.  We forget that there is nothing the dark can do to us without our consent.  We let the dark in, we choose to give it a foothold.  We forget the power that we have within us.  The light that shines brighter than any darkness.  We forget to let ourselves shine as a beacon on a hill. 
“I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.”
Doctrine and Covenants 6:21
So, how to we walk away from the darkness?  How do we find the light?  First, we start where we are, right now.  Isn't it wonderful that we don't have to be perfect to enjoy the blessings that He has promised us?  Isn't it wonderful that He wants to help us change?  Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to be perfect all in one afternoon.  We need to start one step at a time.  Start today to make the changes that lead you into the light.  Prepare yourself spiritually for His feast.  He is waiting to welcome you in. 
Second, turn your heart toward God.  If you are like me, you probably already know the changes that you have to make to have that happen.  One of the things I have found that helps me the most is to start looking at the positive side of life.  Find the blessings instead of the trials.  As I acknowledge the blessings that I do have, I find my heart softening and turning even more toward my Savior.  The more blessings I find, the more I acknowledge and the more my eyes see.  It has been a great way to draw my heart toward my Heavenly Father.  When we seek the good, we will find it. 
Third, walk in the light.  Don't let your mistakes discourage you from trying again.  Heavenly Father knew that we would all fail.  He knew that we would need encouragement.  He has given us the gift of repentance so that we can turn aside from our mistakes and walk again with Him.  He wants us there.  He is waiting with arms outstretched to help us in our journey. 
Light overcomes darkness, little by little, ray by ray, moment by moment, until at last we see that there is no need to be afraid.  That in all reality, the darkness is overcome by the light that burns within us.  Yes, sometimes life can appear to be surrounded by darkness.  Our hopes can be extinguished, our hearts can be wounded, our life can be filled with oppression.  But, with Christ, darkness can not succeed.  It cannot win.  With Christ, you are protected and held safe in the arms of His love.  Hold on, just hold on.  I promise the light will come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment