When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Life's Not Fair

It's probably my job
to tell you life isn't fair,
but I figure you already know that. 
So instead,
I'll tell you that hope is precious,
and you're right not to give up.

Bad things happen to all of us.  I wish they didn't.  It can be so hard when you are living deep in one of the valleys of despair.  It can be so easy to want to give up.  This past few years, I have been able to experience first hand how unfair life can be.  I used to tell my kids that "fair is the place you go when you want to see the pigs".  Now, I find that I need to keep reminding myself of that. 
It seems as if I get to experience life in all it's unfairness lately.  Or at least, all I can handle at this point in my life.  Hope is precious.  Hope can sometimes be all that we have left when every part of what we thought was fair is gone.  My heart aches for those who have made decisions to hurt others.  
It aches for those who are blind to the good that is in others.  My heart hurts when I think of all the love that choices have caused people to miss out on.  Most of us just want to be cared about.  We want to be  accepted for who we are.  There are those who only accept us for their own made up opinions of us.  Or maybe, they just pretend until the time comes when they don't have to pretend any more. 
I don't know any of the answers anymore.  I just know that I desperately want life to be fair.  Just for a little while. 
Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

So, even in the scriptures, we are counseled to have patience.   We are told to bring forth fruit with patience.  Nothing happens exactly the way we would wish it to.  We get to till the ground, plant the seeds and wait for the harvest.  It doesn't happen in a moment or a day, or even in a month.  It takes time and the harvest happens when it is supposed to. 
So today, I will wait and trust that God knows what I need.  He knows what is fair and what I have lost.  He knows who is really to blame.  And that will be enough.  I will trust His mercy and His love.  I will hope and believe with all my heart that I am right not to give up.  That, in time, all things shall be made whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment