When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cleanliness next to Godliness???




I love the magic 8 ball.  I have waited years to have the house learn to clean itself!  Problem is, that doesn't seem to happen.  I think the 8 ball has a better chance of being part of my life, at least it feels that way. 
I have heard all my life that Cleanliness was next to Godliness.  Somehow, in my brain, I seem to have associated that with having a clean house, a clean yard and even taking a shower.  I don't think anymore that is what the Lord was talking about. 
This life is messy!  It is supposed to be.  But when the Lord is talking about clean in Isaiah, He is speaking of SIN.  Not your house.  Sometimes we get way too wrapped up in the appearance of things.  What it looks like.  If your house is clean, does that mean your soul is clean too?  I don't think so. 
Don't get me wrong.  I would love to have a clean home, but that is not the life I am living right this minute.  So, one thing at a time and breath.  I will work on my soul first and line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little, I will slowly work on the rest. 
I have learned that what you appear to be is not necessarily who you truly are.  Sometimes that is good.  The only person who can judge us is our Heavenly Father, and He judges our hearts.  Thank goodness for that!  Because if He judged my house, I would definitely be a total failure!!  Magic 8 Ball and all. 

Isaiah  1:16-18

16 ¶Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
 18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment