When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, June 4, 2016

Everything is a Miracle


I have witnessed miracles.  Both my own, and someone else's.  I have come to believe that there is so much in life that can only be explained by miracles.  I choose to live my life surrounded by their beauty.  I witnessed one this week.  It was amazing.  It was sacred.  It was beautiful.  And since I can't share it with anyone, I will share one of my own miracles with you.
Many years ago, I was picking up my children from the babysitters house.  My young daughter was very excited to go home and ran right into the street to go get in the car.  There was a man driving on the street and he was going way to fast to stop.  In my mind, I saw her run over.  My heart felt like it would stop in my chest. 
Somehow, in a way that I can't even explain, that driver saw her and stomped on his brakes.  His car screeched to a stop leaving tread on the blacktop of the street.  She saw the danger and tried to turn and get out of the way.  He hit her right on her behind and knocked her sprawling in the street.  I never in my life imagined that crying could bring such happiness to me. 
She was bruised, but not broken.  He was so very sorry.  We did not call the police, it was not his fault and she was safe in my arms.  My own small miracle of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment