When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Forever???


Alice:                      How long is forever?

White Rabbit:     Sometimes, just one                                   second.

I have a standing joke with my husband.  He tells me it feels like we just met yesterday, and I tell him, it feels like forever!  He is completely serious, and so am I.  He thinks that after 21 years of marriage, it feels like we just met and are still in love.  I think that I am so comfortable in our relationship, that it feels like forever, and I am so happy with that.  Neither one of us are wrong in our opinions.  It is amazing to me to be accepted and loved exactly as I am. 

For me, forever is more of a concept.  I love that forever can be a second, a minute or even a lifetime.  I love that my husband has taught me what it means to be loved and wanted and needed.  I love that forever to him has not even come close to happening, but forever to me means that I cant imagine life without him in it. 
We are told this life is but a moment.  I keep trying to remember that these hard, difficult moments don't last long, literally a moment in the eternity of time.  So, though they feel like forever in that one moment, they are really not. 
As hard as life has been the past few years, I know that time does pass, that wounds heal, that the Savior has mercy and grace and that all things work together for my good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment