When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Friday, June 24, 2016

Memorable People




I have several jobs and hobbies, and have seen people behave in all different ways.  I have seen kindness by strangers when none is expected.  I have seen love in the eyes of those who are saying a last goodbye, I have seen adults throw better temper tantrums than any two year old, I have seen the couple who have been married for over 70 years, still holding hands on the way out of church.  I have been blessed to see people at their very best, and people at their. well,  "not so good". 
One of my memories is taking someone to the hospital who had a chronic illness.  Her husband pretty much blew her feelings off.  He wasn't in a hurry to help her, he didn't want to go with her.  It broke my heart.  I could not help thinking about the difference between him and my own husband. 
My husband deals with everything about me.  I have chronic migraines.  They are not a lot of fun, and they seem to happen at all the most inconvenient times.  I get them especially bad on vacations.  For some reason, my body pulls out all the stops and they haunt my every fun moment. 
the thing is, John never criticizes me for them.  I know that if I needed to go to the hospital, he would not leave me there alone.  When I have been afraid, it is his shoulder that I cry on.  When I feel hurt, he is there.  For me, love means being there for everything.  It means being available for the hard times and the good times.  It means wanting to be a part of my life even when I am sick and hurting.  It means loving me even when I am most unlovable. 
My point for this isn't how blessed I am, it really is how we need to be careful what face we are presenting to those we love.  Are we available for them even when it is not something we want to do?  Are we happy for them?  Do we love them in spite of themselves?  I think we can all benefit from sharing a little more love in the hearts and lives of those around us.  I would pray that each one of us is always a little kinder than we need to be.  I would hope that we are each more forgiving than we wanted to be.  I would believe that we can all be just a little more like Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment