When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Spirit of Fear




I forget this way too often.  I forget that Heavenly Father does not put fear in my heart.  I forget that He loves me.  I forget that He wants me to be happy.  Sometimes, I am trying so hard, that I don't realize when His voice stops, and Satan's begins to intervene.  I seem to be filled with fear and worry.  Fear that things won't turn out the way they should, fear that people will believe the worst instead of the truth, fear that others won't like me, or my family.  There are far too many fears to name. 
I needed this today to remind me that the voice of God is never in the spirit of fear.  His is power and love.  When I imagine talking to my Heavenly Father, I imagine a voice filled with love.  Filled with understanding, filled with compassion and forgiveness.  I can't for a minute imagine Him yelling at us, or calling us names or berating us for our lack of being perfect.
When I imagine the voice of God, He is my father welcoming me home.  Welcoming me into Grace, welcoming me into His presence, welcoming me into the arms of His love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment