When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Thursday, June 23, 2016

What I learned - The Sacred place of restoration


Christ said to His people in Jerusalem:
“And other sheep I have,
which are not of this fold.”
“I am the good shepherd,
and know my sheep,
and am known of mine.”

At first, I thought this talk was "just" about the restoration.  Don't get me wrong, I love the restoration.  I love the fact that Heavenly Father loves us enough to not leave us alone.  He cares so much about us that He gave us the gospel in our lives so that we could become closer to Him.  So that we could follow Him, so that we could have a prophet to lead us and guide us. 
However, what I loved about this talk was that this wonderful man had questions about the gospel.  He followed the teachings, but he still wondered and studied and tried to find the answers.  What I love is that eventually, after he was ready, the spirit gave him the answers he sought.  That is an important concept.
We all have questions.  We all struggle to find answers.  We all want to know the truth.  We all are children of God and He loves each and every one of us.  I love that the answers came.  That, after the struggle, the answers were given.  I love that peace and understanding filled his heart and mind.  I believe that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us.  He wants us to question.  He wants us to ask, He wants us to be willing to wait and receive the answers. 
Perhaps, the waiting is every bit as important as the learning.  The questions are important.  The answers will come.  He really does love us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment