When faced with life's challenges,
it is Important to Remember
that although Daniel was saved from the lions,
he was not saved from the Lion's Den.


Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July


There is something about a small town fireworks show that just makes you feel good.  We celebrate in a big way up here in the White Mountains.  Some cities have their fire works on Saturday, and some on Monday.   We have parades, barbecues, festivals in the parks and outings at the lakes.  I love having a small town type of life.



We are actually known for our fireworks up here.  There are no city lights to take away from the bright show.  The stars sparkle in the sky and the fireworks light up our own corner of the world.


I loved seeing some of the more unique parts of the show.  The spirals and the hearts are a favorites and are the waterfalls.  We sat with the firefighters this year, as I had ambulance duty.  It was quite the show and one of the best places to sit!  We have to be able to get in and out fast, which makes a quick getaway essential.


I loved the red heats that lit up the sky with all the others, of course, no matter how hard I try, I can't get the pictures to do justice to the evening.


I love the 4th of July, but not just the picnics and the families and the fireworks.  I love the meaning of it.  I am proud to be an American.  I am happy to be free.  I won't forget those who have fought and died so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we have today.  We can disagree, vote, live, forgive and raise our children in freedom and democracy.  As much as I don't like the fact that so much of this great land has turned their hearts from our Heavenly Father, I know that this has all be prophesied.  As much as I can look around and see great wickedness, I can also look and find peace.  I know that God blesses this land of ours.  I know that His hands are upon the waters and the earth.  I know that we are greatly blessed.  God has truly blessed America.

No comments:

Post a Comment